cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Room Kit pro stop sharing presentation when no one is in the room

cborodziuk
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to automatically stop sharing PC or laptop input after people leave the meeting.  The system will not go into standby when  pc or laptop is shared and room scheduler is lit up red as the room is being used. Is there some kind of macro or setting to stop presentation after certain period of time or after business hours are over. 

13 Replies 13

I might overlook something here, but would not the person take their laptop with them when they leave the room or at least when they go home from the office? Also if they leave the room but for whatever reason leave the laptop in the room, let’s say they step out for a break or something, wouldn’t it be good practice to stop sharing then?

Response Signature

We have the sharing set to manual so when they unplug the laptop the signal is still present until you stop sharing.  Some users do stop sharing but most of them don't.   It is the same with Room PC.

Any specific reason for why you have this setting? Sounds unusual and unpractical IMHO.

Response Signature

PC signal is always on regardless, so if they share PC and leave the room without stopping it, the system will not go to into standby and scheduler will show that the room is in use.   

That’s not how our systems behaves. When the user in the room disconnect their computer from the HDMI share cable it automatically stops the share.

Response Signature

We have 35 conf rooms and pc's are in AV racks so you can't disconnect HDMI, shutting off the pc is not an option either.   There is no macro to clear sharing at the end of the business day? 

Did you ever receive a solution for this?  We have a similar issue where we use the AirMedia's from Crestron connected directly to the laptop input.  I would assume since the ultrasound sensor does not detect anyone it would revert back to the main screen.

Create a macro that runs at a set time and executes this command “xCommand Presentation Stop”. That should from what I’ve been able to tell stop the share. For macro basics, including how to schedule it to run at a specific time, see this link. https://roomos.cisco.com/doc/TechDocs/MacroTutorial

Response Signature

Thanks Roger, this is helpful, however, the issue is users will leave the Presentation option visible after meetings.  So while I can use this option at the end of the day, it would be nice to be able to issue this command after no one is detected in the room after 10 mins or so.

As the device keeps track of people in the room you should be able to write a macro that triggers on that occupancy goes from someone in the room to not occupied and start a counter to when you want to run the command.

Response Signature

Philip Glenn
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info.  I'm new to macros, so thanks for the documentation, I will review and see if we can make that happens.  Thanks for your insight!

RoundRobin
Level 1
Level 1

@Philip Glenn  Have you been able to create a scrip to stop screenshare ? I am having same issue.

I found this bellow but it isn't working for me.

// *s Standby State: Off
// *s Standby State: Standby

//*s Conference Presentation LocalInstance 1 SendingMode: LocalOnly
//*s Conference Presentation Mode: Off

const xapi = require('xapi');
const everyMinute = 60 * 1000; // In milliseconds
var emptyRoomPresentationMinuteCount = 0;

xapi.event.on('Conference Presentation LocalInstance 1 SendingMode: LocalOnly', (event) => {
	// start checking
	var timerId = setInterval(check_presentation, everyMinute);
});

xapi.event.on('Conference Presentation LocalInstance 1 (ghost=True)', (event) => {
	// stop checking
	clearInterval(timerId);
});

xapi.event.on('RoomAnalytics PeopleCount', (event) => {
	if (event.Current > 0) {
		emptyRoomPresentationMinuteCount = 0; // reset since we saw a face	
	}
});

xapi.event.on('RoomAnalytics PeoplePresence', (event) => {
	if (event === 'Yes') {
		emptyRoomPresentationMinuteCount = 0; // reset since we heard a person
	}
});

function check_presentation() {
	const p1 = xapi.status.get('RoomAnalytics PeopleCount Current', checkPeopleCount)
	.catch(console.log);
	const p2 = xapi.status.get('RoomAnalytics PeoplePresence', checkPeoplePresence)
	.catch(console.log);
//	const p3 = xapi.status.get('')

Promise.all([p1, p2]).then(results => {
		const peopleCount = results[0];
		const peoplePresence = results[1];
		if (peopleCount < 1 && peoplePresence === 'No') {
			emptyRoomPresentationMinuteCount += 1;	

if (emptyRoomPresentationMinuteCount > 5) {
				xapi.command('Presentation Stop');
				emptyRoomPresentationMinuteCount = 0; // reset since we stopped the presentation
			}
		}
		else
		{
			emptyRoomPresentationMinuteCount = 0;
			// we either heard or saw somebody
		}
	});
}