Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Running (3rd-party/independent)

Hi All,

i have a VM server getting this error on "VM ware Tools" Running (3rd-party/independent). status is unknown, tools are installed ,but not managed by VM ware.

please find the attached error while i tried to upgrade.

Regards,

Abid

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I noticed you're trying to upgrade the VMWare Tools for a TelePresence VCS.  For the TelePresence VM servers that doesn't use a Windows OS, they their own flavor of VMware tools installed within the app, not sure, or even know if they can be updated as I've never see any documentation or mention of it anywhere.

View solution in original post

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

Its an old post. 

Cisco uses its own flavor of Linux for its telepresence servers which have a strict compatibility with VMware Vmtools.

Now they have moved to Open VM tools (OVT) which is open source and has better compatibility with VMware version.

webex-community.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

See http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/VMware_Tools

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I noticed you're trying to upgrade the VMWare Tools for a TelePresence VCS.  For the TelePresence VM servers that doesn't use a Windows OS, they their own flavor of VMware tools installed within the app, not sure, or even know if they can be updated as I've never see any documentation or mention of it anywhere.

Hi Patrick,

yes exactly but i think is because of the servers running on Linux based not windows.

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

Its an old post. 

Cisco uses its own flavor of Linux for its telepresence servers which have a strict compatibility with VMware Vmtools.

Now they have moved to Open VM tools (OVT) which is open source and has better compatibility with VMware version.

webex-community.png