Skype 4 Business call to Cisco Codec or Cisco Jabber - CMS drops the call

LuLe
Level 1
Level 1

Dear colleagues,

we have at the moment the following situation:

- I can call from S4B to our spaces on our CMS

- I can also call from an Cisco Codec or Cisco Jabber directly to an S4B user

But I can´t call from S4B to our Cisco Codec or Cisco Jabber. I can see the following on our CMS:
call 154: incoming encrypted SIP call from "sip:xxx.xxx@xxx.com" to local URI "sip:xxxx@vc.xxx.com" (Lync)
call 154: ending; local teardown, destination URI not matched - not connected after 0:00

I have an incoming dial rule on our CMS for the Domain @vc.xxx.com - the problem is the following:

My spaces have the same domain ending 56XX/57XX@vc.xxx.com and it is working fine to dial to CMS. But my Cisco Endpoints / Jabber Users which are registerd at the CUCM have name/first.lastname/3XXX/4XXX@vc.xxx.com - how can I tell the CMS to move only these calls to CUCM that it can be reached? Is this even possible or must I configure this somewhere else that these calls even do not go to CMS?

Thanks a lot.

BR,
Luise

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dear All,

I got the solution! There was an Call forwarding rule missing. I had the Incoming call rule and the outbound rule to CUCM - but the CMS didn´t knew what to do with calls who can´t be found on CMS.
Now I set up a Call forwarding rule for vc.xxx.com / forward / pass through > and now it is working.

BR,
Luise

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Have you got a call forwarding and outbound dial rule for vc.xxx.com ? If you've got an inbound dial rule, it should try and match spaces/CMS users first before it forwards to CUCM so you should be OK, don't worry too much about the domain for spaces overlapping with CUCM registered endpoints/users.

Dear Nick,

I have the following rules:

Incoming:

1st rule is to vc.xxx.com

2nd rule is the IP address of the website for webRTC

3rd rule is the CMS

Call forwarding:

1st rule is Domain for S4B

CMS_Incoming.png

Outbound:

1st rule is to vc.xxx.com

2nd rule is to S4B domain > local contact domain is our CMS

3rd rule is SIP proxy Expressway C and local contact domain is vc.xxx.com and local from domain vc.xxx.com

CMS_Outbound.png

Best regards,

Luise

Dear All,

I got the solution! There was an Call forwarding rule missing. I had the Incoming call rule and the outbound rule to CUCM - but the CMS didn´t knew what to do with calls who can´t be found on CMS.
Now I set up a Call forwarding rule for vc.xxx.com / forward / pass through > and now it is working.

BR,
Luise

oliverpowell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Luise,

I am currently trying to route calls from Cisco Jabber, via CMS to transcode the SIP to Microsoft AV, to an external S4B user. At present, I am getting no luck.

The external S4B users are on a separate domain, its a completely different company that we cannot control.

Is there such a thing as open federation in this respect? I can see our call route out of the Expressway Edge and its looking up the _sipfederationtls._tcp record successfully.

What needs to be in place from a Microsoft infrastructure perspective to allow inbound SIP calls?

Any knowledge share appreciated.

Thanks

Oli