Views
Helpful
Replies

SX10 registered to CUCM

alarics
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

We have SX10 registered to CUCM. The phonebook in use is UDS. When we do a search for a user, it returns the results, but only the directory uri as a displayed field to call.

Is there a way to have it display the directory number instead of the directory uri.

2 Replies 2

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As SX10 can only register as SIP so it would require the directory number to be in SIP/directory URI format to be able to dial the directory number.

Could you please confirm if URI dialing in enabled on your CUCM? Have you specified any Directory URI under the Directory Number configuration?

If yes, then you can remove the directory URI for a particular DN and verify if there is a change in the display of phone book contacts.

Hi

We have two cucm cluster connected via sip trunk. The SX10 is registered to cucm A which is integrated with AD for the entire domain.

CUCM B is not AD integrated and most of the users is on this cucm (no AD integration).

on cucm A , URI dialing is enabled and working and the Directory URI is the directory uri field (e-mail address) as per the end user configuration page. I have also added a secondary directory uri with the number. e.g. +27 11 575 XXXX as per the telephone number parameter on end user configuration page.

When you search for a user on the SX10 , it displays the user's directory URI from the phone book which is the DN as per the telephone number parameter on the end user configuration page, you able to call.

For users not locally on cucm A there is a pattern with +2711575XXXX to cucm B using the sip trunk. if I make a call from cucm A to cucm B with +2711575XXXX the call works.

The problem is that this number have spaces e.g. +27 11 575 XXXX and cucm is unable to dial this number due to the spaces.

I know the logical solution would be to update the AD to remove the spaces, but is there a way in cucm to remove the spaces.