Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence Content Server LDAP configuration

Hello,

I am looking to integrate LDAP for our users logins but we already have many users with logins already set up.  My question is when I enable LDAP will this erase the current users and aliases associated with them?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Saurabh Gupta
Level 3
Level 3

Hi William,

When you talk about logins - do you mean local users or LDAP Users? If you are talking about local users, then the answer is yes, local users will no longer be able to login.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Yes there are a few local users but we also had ldap enabled on the local side in order to use the users same username and passwords for access.  Will those no longer work as well?  Will it also destroy created aliases that are allocated to those accounts?

Hi William,

First of all as soon you will change the "Authentication Mode" to LDAP in Site Settings, you will not be able to login using your earlier admin user id. There would be no way to login back to TCS. You'll have to try logging-in Rescue Mode by following steps below:

• 1.       Type the ip address of the server in web browser.
  • 2.       Now add #page:login&rescue:true to the end of the Content Server URL in the browser.

For eg: http:///tcs/#page:login&rescue:true

This will allow to login by putting admin credentials that you used before.

One most important thing before changing authentication mode to LDAP is to create atleast one user with admin role. After this you can use this for login as admin user id. Now coming to your question "Changing authentication mode will not erase any users created by you earlier, but it may stop working depending on the ldap policies in your company" The aliases should work fine.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply in case of any query.

Regards,

Gaurav

Very valuable info!!! Thanks Gaurav...