Replies

TMS 15.6.1 RogueSystemFound even though it is configured

r.rung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Support Community.

i updatet TMS to Version 15.6.1.

: is set to off.

but i receive emails about "RogueSystemFound" events.

one of the Systems TMS sees as a RougueSystem is the cucm subscriber.

on tms the cucm subscriber (Version 11.5(1)SU4 is added and also under cluster i see that tms recognizes it as cluster. system id shows as 11.

in the RogueSystemFound Email i see that tms finds the very same server, same ip address, same hostname, but different system id.

what can i do, is it a bug?

i already tried purging the system, but it re-apears and the email is send around once per week.

the other things tms finds as rought Systems is: Expressway-Core, Media-Sense, CUCM IM&Presense Servers and unity connection servers. these are not added to tms and is looks like the email was send only once, so i will ignore it, as i don't see a reason to add those servers to tms.

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Automatic System Discovery Mode

If set to Off, systems will not be added to any folder, but will still be auto-discovered. Auto-discovered systems will be viewable by going to Systems > Navigator > Add Systems > Add from Unified CM or TMS > TMS and can be added to a folder from there.

Each time a system is discovered, an email notification will be sent to the email address specified in Email Addresses to Receive System and Network Notifications.

As you can see, TMS will always send an email notification when it discovers new systems, it just won't add them automatically into TMS to be managed.  Your CUCM subscriber is most likely being added into TMS as a managed system because the publisher is.

Hello Patrick,

thanks for the answer.

so now i understand better how tms discovery works.

but still it does not explain why tms discovery a Server, that is already added.

And the second thing is that it discovers the very same Server nearly ones per week with a different System id.

so i still suspect a bug.

It does sound a bit like a bug, recommend you contact TAC.