cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS and CUCM registered phones (NO TC endpoints)

Hello,

A customer has plenty of 9971 series and other video capable ip phones registered to CUCM that are obviously not TC endpoints.

How do I go about adding them to TMS ? Are they added only as unmanaged endpoints ?

Is there any way that I can force the TMS or the conductor for that matter to call them so that they can join a conference ?

We have some VIP users using them that want to be called rather than dialing themselves to the conference and they do not have a TC endpoint.

Thanks in advance for the help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You probably don't have to add CUCM into TMS unless you want to add any of the mentioned endpoints from my first reply into TMS, though it wouldn't hurt to add it anyway.

You can add the IP phones as unmanaged endpoints, though this will consume a TMS system license for each one added.  If you have a lot of endpoints that you need to add and you don't have enough licenses, you can use a phone book as mentioned before, refer to the "Manage Phone Book Sources" on pg 187 for more details.  You can schedule video conferences using either method, however Smart Scheduler is unable to add participants from phone books, so the TMS advanced scheduler must be used if adding participants from phone books.

What do you above within TMS for scheduling endpoints has no bearing on one's CMR, as you will have to add the endpoints you want connected as a favorite yourself within your TMS User Portal.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The only CUCM registered endpoints TMS supports are:

• CTS and TX Endpoints
  • Endpoints running CE, TE, and TC Software

Anything else can either be added as an unmanaged endpoint or a phone book that is based on a manually created list or imported from AD.  For some of our endpoints that can't be added into TMS, we use a combination of unmanaged endpoints and a phone book, in either case we're capable of dialing out to those users without issue.

Hi Patrick,

Can you tell me how can I configure TMS so that it can dial out those endpoints ?

Do I need to prepare the CUCM as described on page 49 on the TMS admin guide here ?

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/admin_guide/Cisco-TMS-Admin-Guide-15.pdf

and then add the ip phones as unmanaged devices (page 51 of the same guide) ?

I would like to be able to call them during a rendez-vous conference (add them as participants?) and in a CMR scenario (favorites?)

I do not have a system to test all these so I am looking for pointers. I went through the docs but they do not get into such details I am afraid

Regards,

You probably don't have to add CUCM into TMS unless you want to add any of the mentioned endpoints from my first reply into TMS, though it wouldn't hurt to add it anyway.

You can add the IP phones as unmanaged endpoints, though this will consume a TMS system license for each one added.  If you have a lot of endpoints that you need to add and you don't have enough licenses, you can use a phone book as mentioned before, refer to the "Manage Phone Book Sources" on pg 187 for more details.  You can schedule video conferences using either method, however Smart Scheduler is unable to add participants from phone books, so the TMS advanced scheduler must be used if adding participants from phone books.

What do you above within TMS for scheduling endpoints has no bearing on one's CMR, as you will have to add the endpoints you want connected as a favorite yourself within your TMS User Portal.