Helpful
Replies

TMS Configuration Templates

mbowden7
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings All,

Background:

I am running TMS 15.2.1 and in my environment, I have remote codecs registered to VCS - E. TMS comes into play for my upgrades and monitoring.

Problem:

The problem I am having is that I need to place another Phone Server URL outside of the TMS that it is added to. If I add the Codec to TMS and change the Phonebook URL to another server TMS or Codec reverts back to the original URL that was there after I changed it. I can not hardcode it, it is like its a ghost. Now if I purge the system it works fine, but I can no longer manage it.

Question:

Is there any configuration Templates by default set to stop me from adding another Phonebook Server URL outside of the TMS Codec is added to?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You create configuration templates within TMS and they get sent to the endpoint via the VCS.  With TMSPE the endpoint is managed through the VCS, not TMS directly, and is associated to a user account.

TMSPE Data Sheet

VCS Authenticating Devices Deployment Guide (X8.7)

TMSPE with Cisco VCS Deployment Guide (1.8)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The phone book URL will always point back to TMS, because that is the system managing the endpoint.  One option is to use TMSPE to provisioning your endpoints, with it you can specify your own phone book address.

Can you explain more about the TMSPE  to provisioning?

You create configuration templates within TMS and they get sent to the endpoint via the VCS.  With TMSPE the endpoint is managed through the VCS, not TMS directly, and is associated to a user account.

TMSPE Data Sheet

VCS Authenticating Devices Deployment Guide (X8.7)

TMSPE with Cisco VCS Deployment Guide (1.8)