cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS scheduled conference default behavior

iamnewborn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i'm trying to find out how default behavior on joining external participants (not TP) is configured.

I choose conference type "One button to push" and add participants with SIP URI address and telepresence endpoints as well.

If i click on "Connection details" tab and then choose "Settings" i can control how participants are called out. I prefer "No connect'.  In this case the participant is called out when i click "Join" on

terminal.

Default is Auto, and the participant is called when conference starts.

I cannot find how to manage this setting globally to apply on all new conferences. Please advise.

new1.png

new2.png

9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can set the default reservation type for conferences under Admin Tools > Configuration > Conference Settings, it's called "Default Reservation Type for Scheduled Calls" under Conference Creation.

This will apply to all new conferences booked after the default reservation type has been changed, to apply it to any recurring conferences booked prior to the change, you'll need to edit and update each of them.

The question was not about Default Reservation Type for Scheduled Calls.

It was about how external users (not CM-hosted endpoints) are called out in a conference (e.g. sip:John.Doe@company.com).

In case of reservation type "One button to push"this is automatic, so when conference occurs, all external users are dialed out automatically, because connect type is "Auto" (see my screenshot)

How to change this behavior by default?

scheduling.PNGIf you want all participants in a meeting to dial into the conference, disable outbound dialing for scheduling for the bridge that is used in that meeting. That setting can be accessed by going to edit settings for that bridge under system navigator

I have disabled outgoing calls.

Now i cannot add external Skype for Business participants from the corporate address book (via SIP), it says: Could not set up conference with the following participants(s): ...

How can I manage default behavior when adding external (not Telepresence endpoints)?

They should'nt be dialed out automatically.

What version of TMS are you using?

Version is 15.6.1.

On 15.6.1, I had no issue scheduling a OBTP meeting with one managed endpoint and one phonebook contact, and the endpoint did not auto dial the contact. I would recommend you open a TAC case to dive into your issue, as there me be something else that isn't configured for your desired behavior.

Thank you for support, unfortunately i do not have a support subscription on this product.

Have you made any specific steps while you configured your TMS server? Or everything is by default as in the installation manual?

I will try to make a fresh installation with trial license.

There is nothing special regarding my TMS deployment.