Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS Unable to change SNMP Setting

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

Guys,

Im trying to change the SNMP community string for a Conductor entered into TMS, as its incorrect.

All my other devices allow me to change the SNMP string but for the conductor it is greyed out and I cannot edit it.

They system is moaning the SNMP String is wrong (Which it is) but wont let me change it.

I dont want to delete and re-add the conductor as it has various settings I'd like to keep.

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's not possible to update the community name from the Settings tab for Conductor within TMS, however you can change the community name on the Connection tab.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's not possible to update the community name from the Settings tab for Conductor within TMS, however you can change the community name on the Connection tab.

Yes it is possible: 

Settings found in Administrative Tools > Configuration > Network Settings

This is a comma separated list of common SNMP community names Cisco TMS will use when discovering and adding systems to Cisco TMS. If you use a customized SNMP Community Name on your existing systems, be sure to add it to this list.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/admin_guide/Cisco-TMS-Admin-Guide-15-5.pdf

LBachman
Level 1
Level 1