cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Trunk between CUCM and VCS not working

abousuhail
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, i made a trunkk between CUCM and VCS, calls from VCS registered endpoints are OK, calls from CUCM registered endpoints are not working
MX200 registered on VCS, EX60 registered on VCS, TANDBERG 1700 registered on VCS and DX80 registered on CUCM
calls to DX80 is OK
calls from DX80 not working

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You need to create a transform on your VCS to convert 10.10.30.172:5060 to your SIP domain on the VCS, which I assume is fathallagomla.com.  Take a look at the guide linked earlier in the same CUCM to VCS dialing section, it covers the configuration needed on your VCS to create this transform.

View solution in original post

You need to append your SIP domain to the H323 alias so that it can be matched against your CUCM search rule.  You can do this one of two ways: using a transform to standardize all called aliases or use a search rule.

To create a transform, take a look at Task 8 of the VCS Basic Configuration Deployment Guide X8.9.  You'll also need to create a LocalZone search rule to remove the domain that the transform added so calls to H323 aliases can match H323 endpoints, see Task 9.

The other method is to simply create a search rule that will append your domain to the H323 alias and search your CUCM zone, it's the same process as Task 8, but the difference is instead of using a transform, you're using a search rule.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you have a SIP Route Pattern for your domain pointing to the VCS?  I only see one SIP Route Pattern for numeric dialing, and not another for domain dialing.  Take a look at the VCS and CUCM Deployment Guide (CUCM 8,9,10,11 and X8.8), there is a section that covers dialing endpoints registered on VCS from CUCM, and vise versa.

Thank you very much for reply

you are right i didn't make a SIP Route Pattern for my domain pointing to the VCS

but now i made it and still the calls from CUCM to VCS failed

"your call can not be completed as dialed" message

it can be an issue with the destination URI coming with port ":5060" .

Can you check if that;s the case, by making test call and then verify it under search history ?

Regards,

Alok

Thanks Alok

i made test call and i checked the search history

it seems to be an issue with the URI but i didn't determine how to solve it??

You need to create a transform on your VCS to convert 10.10.30.172:5060 to your SIP domain on the VCS, which I assume is fathallagomla.com.  Take a look at the guide linked earlier in the same CUCM to VCS dialing section, it covers the configuration needed on your VCS to create this transform.

Thanks Everyone for your true help especially PATRIK-SPARKMAN 

i was in hurry and it was urgent that's why i duplicate the thread

the Transform on VCS solve the problem

i made the pattern string : (.*)@(10\.10\.30\.172)((:|;).*)

and it works now

Thanks again 

VCS

Hi everyone,

could it is possible to make a call from H323 VCS registered endpoint to SIP CUCM registered endpoint?

or it it only from SIP to SIP?

You can, the VCS is capable of H323-SIP interworking, which allows calling between the two protocols possible.

I tried to make a call but i always got this message: "could not place a call to H323:700"

calls from cucm SIP endpoints to vcs H323 endpoints are OK

calls from vcs H323 endpoints to cucm SIP endpoints gives the message: "could not place a call to H323:700"

You need to append your SIP domain to the H323 alias so that it can be matched against your CUCM search rule.  You can do this one of two ways: using a transform to standardize all called aliases or use a search rule.

To create a transform, take a look at Task 8 of the VCS Basic Configuration Deployment Guide X8.9.  You'll also need to create a LocalZone search rule to remove the domain that the transform added so calls to H323 aliases can match H323 endpoints, see Task 9.

The other method is to simply create a search rule that will append your domain to the H323 alias and search your CUCM zone, it's the same process as Task 8, but the difference is instead of using a transform, you're using a search rule.