cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade SX20 firmware from TC6.2.0 to TC7.3.6

Oanhtranba01
Level 1
Level 1

I have problem relate upgrading firmware for SX20.

• I got wrong Release Key from TC6.2.0 to TC6.2.0 on Licence Portal and Upgraded the firmware from TC6.2.0 to TC7.3.6. Now SX20 has

CRITICAL: Valid Release Key

Missing release key for undefined. The system will not be able to make any calls. Please add a valid release key.
  • I downgrade to TC6.1.4 the problem is still. I got Release Key from TC6.1.4 to TC6.3.1 on Licencing Portal.
  • I upgrade from TC6.1.4 to TC6.3.1 and then use the Release Key from TC6.1.4 to TC6.3.1.
  • Finally, SX20 is still has problem.

How can I resolve this ??

2 Replies 2

Anurag Srivastava
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

If you have tc6.x release key and you are trying to upgrade tc7.x then it will be a issue and you will get the error " invalid release key"

For upgrading to tc7.x you need release key for tc7.x and then it will work properly.

And downgrading to tc6.x again, please try a factory reset and then try again putting the release key and see if it works.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful...

There is no TC7 release key, Cisco stopped requiring release keys after TC6. My guess is you might have used the wrong software, if you had a valid TC6 release key for the crypto software package, and then installed the non crypto package (the difference is the "nc" before the number 6 in the file name), you will get a release key error. Likewise you can't install the nc TC7 if you have a release key for the crypto TC6. 

So for TC7, download and install 

s52011tc7_3_16.pkg

Not 

s52011tcnc7_3_16.pkg