Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading lics from mcu to cms new solution

shohamshalom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

my costumer purches new cms server (ibm server,not ucs)  , and i planing the license migration for that.

today, the costumer have:

- 100 cuwl pro lics that should migrate to 100 pmp+  ----for that i use CUWL-PMP+K9     ---is it fine????

-15 TPS lics that should migrate to 15 smp+ --- not sure regarding sku TP-SMP-SL2SMP or LIC-TSorMCU-2-SMP+

i attach my bom, please fill free to update me if i missing somthing except the smp lics...

thanks

shoham

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Existing CUWL Pro license, 1 per UWL Pro covered by current support contract:

• CUWL-PMP-K9
    • LIC-PMP-2-CMS (PMP Plus for Meeting Server only)
    • LIC-2-PMP+ (PMP Plus for TelePresence Server/Conductor initially with Meeting Server in future)

Existing TelePresence Server screen license, 1 per TP Server screen license covered by current support contract:

• TP-SMP-SL2SMP
    • LIC-TSorMCU-2-SMP+

Note, new support contract must be purchased for the number of PMP Plus and SMP Plus when migrating based on List Price.

I recommend you reach out to your Account Manager, they can help make sure you have all the correct information and cover all the details regarding how the migration to CMS and PMP Plus/SMP Plus works.

Thanks patrick.

just to understand the formula, my costumer have 15 screen license today on mcu and the new upgrade lic LIC-TSorMCU-2-SMP+ for cms means that every 4 screen license = 1 smp   ??

is it correct?

tk

shoham

MCU uses port licenses, not screen licenses, and it is 4 PL = 1 SMP Plus.

TelePresence Server uses screen licenses, and it is 1 SL = 1 SMP Plus.

If the MCU software was converted to TelePresence Server software, you'll migrate to SMP Plus using the port licenses of the MCU hardware.