cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Room Kit Plus - Camera Settings revert to Cisco-defaults on wake

Dave_Jr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Community! My client has recently installed a Webex Room Kit Plus in their environment. The device is fully operational inside Webex Control Hub.

On the Cisco Room Navigator, under Camera Settings, we went to Manual camera view and configured a custom view under the "Camera position presets" menu. This now shows up as an option in the main camera settings quadrant. When selected, it works as intended.

Where we find our issue is when the device goes to sleep or goes into Standby mode. When the device wakes up, we go to camera settings to find that the default camera setting has been reverted to the "Group" setting.

Is there a way to make our custom view the default camera setting when the device wakes up?

Under the camera settings, there is a button under the Manual camera presets that gives the option to make a view the Default camera position (literally: "Use as default camera position"). However, this only seems to be relevant to users who are trying to create a default view to revert to when creating other presets/users needing a quick way to pan back to a preferred view, rather than making the view the overall default.

I do not perceive this to be an issue with the system, but rather a future feature request. However, I thought I would reach out and see if anyone else has run into this scenario.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

4 Replies 4

Dennis Chaney86
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also having the same issue. Would love to have it retain the last used camera mode. 

The setting in my earlier reply should do this for you.   It will point the cameras to wherever they were pointing prior to going to sleep.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How have you configured the Standby Setting on the endpoint?   You may find that it's better to have them set to RestoreCameraPosition rather than default.

WayneDeNardi_0-1702869013273.png

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

ahill23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dave, Dennis, 

Dave, 

Try using this command to set the default camera mode to manual:

xConfiguration Cameras SpeakerTrack DefaultBehavior: Manual

This should prevent the system from defaulting to "Group" and the codec should show the default preset in manual mode. 

Dennis, 

The command can be used to default to any camera mode: 

Auto/BestOverview/Closeup/Current/Frames/Manual

Alex