Views
Helpful
Replies

What info can SNMP provide?

louisvandyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Our environment has primarily EX90 and MX300 devices running TP software 7.2 and 7.3.  I have set up an SNMP RO string (and tried it with RW too) but can't get any useful information from it.

I have downloaded the MIBS

CISCO-TC.my

CISCO-TELEPRESENCE-CALL-MIB.my

CISCO-TELEPRESENCE-MIB.my

which I got from Cisco's ftp site - which claims to support software version 1.5.0.  Since I am on 7.x I am wondering if the MIBs themselves haven't changed, but I can't find anything else.

By way of example:

# snmpwalk -v 2c -m ALL -c <string> <ip-address>
SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: TANDBERG Codec
SoftW: TC7.2.1.cb31c3d
MCU: TANDBERG EX90
Date: 2014-09-30
S/N: <serial>
BootSW:
Board: 101540-11 [A0]
SNMPv2-MIB::sysObjectID.0 = OID: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.5596.150.6.4.1
DISMAN-EVENT-MIB::sysUpTimeInstance = Timeticks: (1555893577) 180 days, 1:55:35.77
SNMPv2-MIB::sysContact.0 = STRING:
SNMPv2-MIB::sysName.0 = STRING: Name (EX90)
SNMPv2-MIB::sysLocation.0 = STRING: Location
SNMPv2-MIB::sysServices.0 = INTEGER: 72
SNMPv2-MIB::sysServices.0 = No more variables left in this MIB View (It is past the end of the MIB tree)

And another one:

# snmpget -v 2c -m ALL -c <string> <ip-address> ctpDefaultGateway
CISCO-TELEPRESENCE-MIB::ctpDefaultGateway = No Such Object available on this agent at this OID

Are the other MIBs I should be using?  Where do I get them from?  Is there any useful info I can get from a Telepresence device using SNMP?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This has been brought up in the forums several times, if you search for "snmp mib", it will return several threads, for example: snmp-trap-list and snmp-sx102080.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This has been brought up in the forums several times, if you search for "snmp mib", it will return several threads, for example: snmp-trap-list and snmp-sx102080.

Thanks Patrick. I see now that you have answered this question a few times too!  Sadly, THOSE results are not the results that are evident in Google searches.  The ones I got were:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/system_messages/ct_sys_message2/ct_syslog_snmp.html#74304

and

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/cts/cts-supportlist.html

which both refer to MIBs and provide them, leading one to expect that SNMP queries are possible, and that maybe one has old MIBs!  The notes you referred to even state that it provides Read Only access to "system" -- yet the software misleads you by allowing you to set a RW SNMP string!

It would be nice if Cisco would place some notice somewhere that Telepresence devices do not support SNMP queries except for "system". 

This has wasted days of my time.  I can only imagine how many others have experienced the same things that I have.

Thanks again for your response.

The information you found is for the Cisco TelePresence Systems (CTS for short), which are the old large immersive video conference systems.

Usually Google is pretty good about searching the Cisco forums.