cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

[ENDED]: Capture the Flag, get the Badge!

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks to everyone who joined the mission and completed the tasks! Your profile badge should be visible within the next 3 weeks. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

You asked, we heard you! Introducing the ThousandEyes Support Community Capture the Flag event from April 23rd at 8 AM PST to April 29th at 5 PM PST.

This month the ThousandEyes Community is offering two Capture the Flag missions in a single upcoming event:

1. Introduction to the ThousandEyes UI - Understand how to navigate the ThousandEyes user interface, specifically the timeline to focus on the specific events you want to analyze.
  2. Endpoint Insights - Learn how to use Endpoint Agent analytics to diagnose a problem source and how to read the data supporting it.

Join the hunt!

What is Capture the Flag (CTF)? 

• CTF is a next-generation learning platform where people can obtain hands-on experience in a gamified environment
  • During a CTF game, the player is given a series of treasure-hunt-like tasks (aka flags)with the goal of understanding how things work

How do I participate?

• Players will need to register for an account with the Capture the Flag portal, there is no cost to register or play
  • Click the Join the Mission Waitlist above to join the waitlist countdown to begin the hunt

Why should I participate?

• Because it’s fast, simple, and fun!
  • Pick up valuable ThousandEyes knowledge in a contained, provided environment
  • Anyone who participates and completes the mission by April 29th at 5 PM PST will receive the “ThousandEyes CTF Champion” badge on their community profile page as proof of their champion status
11 Replies 11

Gopinath_Pigili
Spotlight
Spotlight

Thanks for sharing...!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

Alonso Ramírez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Waiting for this to happen

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

#Mat
Level 6
Level 6

Hi folks,

I'm stuck with Citizens Bank task 7. I've used hints and taken 5 shots but no luck.

"What is the Autonomous System (AS) for the destination that alarming agent is targeting during the event?"

Thanks,

MO.

Howdy @#Mat - I'm going to send you a PM to test something (there may be something wrong with the answer field). 

@Tyler Langston I'm stuck at the task aswell.

Thanks @Rob Ingram  - I'll send you the same PM, just trying to verify before I post a public workaround.

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

@Tyler Langston , I didn't have any success getting the right answer for task 7 and waisted all 10 answers...

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

ssoroush
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Tyler Langston 
I completed both missions; where can I locate the badge issued as part of this completion on the Community profile page?

Hi @ssoroush - thanks for participating! Badges will appear on your profile typically within 3 weeks.