Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Contact Centre Enterprise and Contact Centre monitoring

Edwin Vos
Level 4
Level 4

Hello all,

Does anyone have experience with monitoring Webex CC and Webex CCE. These are both contact centre applications. CC is on BroadSoft while CCE is the ICM/UCCE HCS platform within Cisco cloud. We would like to monitor things like:

- Broadsoft
- CUCM (on-premise), Webex Calling platform
- Private cloud UCCE
- Routers, Loggers, PG's, CVP, VVB, Cube, ECE, eGain VIM, Media Routing, Finesse, Unity Connection
- Windows servers, Cisco VOS systems, vCenter servers C-series Cisco and B-series Cisco, HP servers bare metal, ESXi 6.X and 7.X
- CUIC reporting

Contact Center agent monitoring using agent install on windows 10 and 11 desktops. Also required Linux based machines using Citrix, VMware horizon.
Cisco Jabber or Webex application phone services or 3rd party SIP phones
WebRTC stream
RTP streams over our internal network and customer MPLS to PSTN
MS SQL databases with replication

Bit much is one go, but not seeing a lot out there for niche market Contact Centre. Cisco has been telling us all can be monitored on Webex CC and CCE side. It does seem that way but certainly not out of the box with pre-programmed items.

Thanks,

Edwin Vos

2 Replies 2

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Edwin Vos - I took this question to our experts here at ThousandEyes and they came back with an answer! It's below:

You have a lot to monitor! While we don’t have a single solution for you, I have some thoughts on how you can proceed.

ThousandEyes is able to do some of the listed monitoring you mentioned via Endpoint Agents or Enterprise Agents. Other parts of your project aren’t yet available in the tool, like MS SQL database replication and Windows Server monitoring.

For example, with the Enterprise Agent Device Layer of ThousandEyes you can monitor routers, and Routing can be monitored via BGP and Path Vis tests.

ThousandEyes does not yet have the capability to monitor how the following systems are working directly: Windows servers, Cisco VOS systems, vCenter servers, B & C series Cisco, HP servers bare metal, ESXi 6.X and 7.X

Overall, ThousandEyes would be a piecemeal solution covering 50 to 70% of your stated needs depending on the exact applications you’re looking to monitor.

If you are looking for a ‘single pane of glass’ to see all your monitoring systems, might I suggest Zabbix? It’s a tool I’ve used personally before, and found to be really helpful. With it you can attach your Zabbix, Splunk, ThousandEyes and other agents as needed to gather the required data.

Edwin Vos
Level 4
Level 4

Well 70% at the moment does not cut it. We have had a session with ThousandEyes and can see this is a network monitoring tool. We are interested in full end-to-end monitoring solution. ThousandEyes is not that and not even close at the moment, so sorry it will not be in our list of choices.