cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

YangSuite to connect to a device via a jump host

peeyushpd29
Level 1
Level 1

My Cisco device is not directly accessible from the system where I am running the yangsuite, so I usually use an intermediate jump host to reach the device. 

I can connect to the Cisco device from the shell using the port forwarding as below

ssh -L 830:<device-ip>:830 user@jump-host-ip

And then using below SSH from the shell

ssh -p 830 device_user@localhost -s netconf

But the connectivity is not working from the yangsuite when I give the Address as 127.0.0.1 in yangsuite.
The error I get is "
Could not open socket to 127.0.0.1:830".

How can I get this working ?

3 Replies 3

@peeyushpd29 not sure if this is what you are looking for https://github.com/jeremycohoe/cisco-ios-xe-programmability-lab

Hope this helps.

Please mark this as helpful or solution accepted to help others
Connect with me https://bigevilbeard.github.io

Thanks for the pointers @bigevilbeard

If I understood it right, the reference link you shared mentions about running yangsuite on a server (Ubuntu server here) which is a part of the lab network and to access the yangsuite webUI from the jump host system from the RDP session. Is this understanding right ?

Referring the link you shared, I am exploring that option right now.

My requirement here is to run the yangsuite on my personal system (mac) and to be able to exchange request/replies with the lab device (Cisco XR).

The request/responses will need to go via the jump host as the lab device.

Is this something possible with some config/networking changes on my mac or the jump host or the lab device ?

douglasfir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @peeyushpd29 ,

were you able to solve the issue with connecting via jumpserver?

I am trying the same thing with YANGSsuite and exactly as you described, it works fine if I I connect via NetConf in CLI, but it can't open the socket from YANG Suite.

Thanks in advance,

Dragan