Views
Helpful
Replies

UCS Director VM Management Policy

longlh12
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco team,

i've configured the "VM Management Policy" in UCSD 6.5 and assigned it to our vDC, the lease time was also set for each VM in the vDC.

The conditional is when the VM has only 7 days before expiry, our UCSD will sent the notification email to end user, but when the conditional met, nothing happened.

This will lead to the problem with VM automation management, which mean the VM will not be terminated after expiry.

The email server is doing good 'cause we always receive notification emails about vm complete deployment.

Email address is set for each end-user and User-group.

Hope to see ur reply, thanks for reading my question!

Best rgrds

Long Le

5 Replies 5

Orf Gelbrich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you enable the delete VDC/VM function in administration->system->advanced control->delete inactive VM’s on VDC policy.

And inactive means the VM has to be turned off for the set time before anything happens.

Dear Orf Gelbrich,

i already enable that function, i believe this is some kind of UCSD bugs 'cause sometimes when i try fixing this problem, all of the VM termination emails are sent to me at the same time, after that when i tried to modify the VM management policy's parameters (number of emails, interval...) and then commit it, no termination notification email is sent at all, any suggestions? Or maybe this is network, mail server problem?

Best rgrds

Long Le

Is this an e-mail notification issue or a VM is not getting deleted when it is turned off for right time frame?

Dear Orf Gelbrich,

there was no e-mail notification about VM expiry and the VM was not terminated after expiry, although the lease time was set.

best rgrds

Long Le

This is hard to trouble shoot. Usually this takes more then 24 hours to test and trouble shoot properly. Some of the times and detection system task only run every 24 hours. So if you set the time outs for anything less then it will probably not work. Better is to set it for more then 24 hours – 48 or so.

I would open up a TAC case they are going to ask you for the UCSD version

Cisco UCS X-Series Energy Efficiency Offer