Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Control and Routing

actualabhishek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

One of my customer having 2 gateways (A & B) at single site with different PRI provider. Some users having extension from provider A and other having extension from provider B.

Route Group contains gateway A & B as below

A

B

Since requirement is to use single DP and LRG, my question is if user with provider B extension dial outbound calls, it will first select gateway A, but requirement is to route those calls using gateway B.

any idea how this can be achieved?

Thx

Abi 

4 Replies 4

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Each route group, that you will use a Standard Local Route Group in Device Pool configuration, should only contain one gateway (A or b).

Then you will create a Route List that point to Standard Local Route Group and assign that Route List at your Route Patterns. Then when each device dials that Route Pattern, it will forward to the corresponding Route Group; according to what is configured at each Device Pool.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

Thanks for replying back. much appreciated.
As suggested by you, I'll have to use two device pool but requirement is to use only one DP.
In CUCM 10.X we have option to add multiple LRG on DP, but sure how to use that.

Multiple Local Route Group can be utilized with adding more Local Route Group Names. That will give you the opportunity to point different Route Patterns (through different Route Lists) to different Local Route Groups. I don't think that is the case for you, since you like to route calls based on source (A or B device) and not destination and you also like to use a single device pool (and not many where you could differentiate Local Route Groups).

In your case, I see not other option than to create multiple (two) sets of partitions/CSSs/route-patterns and assign them to each pool of phones (A and B).

For example, for national calls, you will have two route patterns, in two different partitions to which will have access two different CSSs (each assigned to devices A and B).

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

Hello
Your suggestion is valid, but I ended up adding another DP for phone B. That makes it easy for me.
I appreciate all you help! Many thanks.