cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call routing in Unity when the Voicemail box is missing

mmoss80
Level 1
Level 1

When you have call manager configured to send a call to Voicemail, but there is no mailbox configured where does the call end up? We recently updated our after hours voicemail box greeting, but in some instances it still plays the old greeting. This usually happens when someone forgot to create a new mailbox with the extension and sometimes after hours (I think in this case they are forwarding the calls incorrectly) but I don't know where this message is located so I can update it to the new one as well.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are traces in RTMT like for CUCM. But I cannot recommend any specific logs that you should check. It's probably in one of the following: Connection Conversation manager, Connection message transfer agent, Connection mixer

You say something about the after hours message: Did you update the "closed greeting" in the default call handler "Opening Greeting"?
Can you share a screenshot of the greetings overview and a screenshot of the standard and closed greeting config of this call handler?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

If nothing in unity matches the call, then you will hear the default operater message. Something like "Welcome to unity connection. When you know the number of the person ...".

Maybe this post helps to understand the call routing:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-knowledge-base/unity-connection-call-routing-logic/ta-p/3162560

Is there a way to do a trace in Unity to see where the call ends up so I can see what's being prompted for the greeting? I only ask because when I listed to the message attached to the Opening Greeting it's just the robo voice that says "Opening Greeting" and not our old company greeting. I went a head and replaced the message anyhow and the old greeting remains

There are traces in RTMT like for CUCM. But I cannot recommend any specific logs that you should check. It's probably in one of the following: Connection Conversation manager, Connection message transfer agent, Connection mixer

You say something about the after hours message: Did you update the "closed greeting" in the default call handler "Opening Greeting"?
Can you share a screenshot of the greetings overview and a screenshot of the standard and closed greeting config of this call handler?

I found it, I didn't go deep enough into the "Opening Greetings" under call handler. I just replaced the one that was there and I needed to go under edit -> greetings and replace the standard one.

You can use Remote Port Monitor from this link at Unity Tools to see what happens when the call reaches CUC.

Response Signature