cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can GED 125 support chat request?

sukanya_r
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on Cisco ICM for call routing, which comes as part of UCCE stack. I am aware that GED 125 is the protocol for communication between VR PG and ICM whereas GED 145 is the protocol used for communication between MR PG and ICM. I have a customised chat server which can accept chat requests from web page and can also establish connection to the agents, but, however, I want to leverage the ICM for identifying the right agent. I am curious to develop "click to chat" functionality by levereging GED 125 as I dont have a MR PG in my environment. I am planning to develop a wrapper(server socket program) for GED 125 which will talk to VR PG whenever the chat requests comes from my chat server, which will then invoke the ICM script and return the label to the VR PG. Could someone please advise whether chat requests can be serviced through GED 125 or can it be done only via GED 145?

Thanks,

Sukanya

1 Reply 1

Gergely Szabo
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

did you already research the mentioned protocols?

GED-125 is the IVR PG protocol.

GED-145 is the Application Gateway protocol.

You are a server, listening for and replying to client requests (the client is ICM, or rather, the ICM Router Application Gateway subprocess in case of GED-145 and the VRU PG PIM subprocess in case of GED-145).

Based on what you wrote, GED-125 is the protocol you need to use.

G.