Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot restart CAR DB

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

CUCM 14....

When attempting to look up CDR using the CAR interface, customer gets a pop up saying "Last run of CAR loader is interruped..."

Cannot find anything about this situation, so we attempt to restart all the CAR services.  That went fine until we hit the Cisco CAR DB.  Trying to restart it via the GUI gives you a pop up that says this:

CliffordMcGlamry_0-1699546581643.png

So, go to the CLI to try and do it....but the service isn't there:

CliffordMcGlamry_1-1699546620585.png

What the heck?   Has anyone else dealt with this and have a solution?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

TAC came back and clarified the instructions Cisco previously provided.  From the CLI you CAN start and stop the CAR DB.  However, Restart is not an option there.  Rather odd, and certainly opaque in their direction, but that was the answer.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

There was a bug in CUCM 10 where the service did not appear in the list of services that could be restarted via the CLI. I logged into my v14 CUCM server and confirmed that the service is not in the list.

I'd say open a TAC case as the old bug may have reappeared.

Maren

Not all services are controllable by the CLI. If you actually compared all Feature/Network services you would spot a bunch of omissions. I have always assumed the logic was you can restart things via CLI that could prevent you from getting to the Serviceability GUI (e.g., Cisco Tomcat).

I’d bounce the VM to be honest. Hopefully it cooperates and does it gracefully.

@Jonathan Schulenberg In this case the Cisco CAR DB can only be restarted in the CLI. If you try to restart it in the GUI the system tells you this service is one that can only be restarted in the CLI.

I agree that a bounce of the VM should bring the service back. But that still leaves the Cisco CAR DB service out of the CLI, so Cisco needs to be made aware so they can fix it....or at least publish a bug.

Maren

kkj962263
Level 1
Level 1

You need to stop this service and start it again

TAC came back and clarified the instructions Cisco previously provided.  From the CLI you CAN start and stop the CAR DB.  However, Restart is not an option there.  Rather odd, and certainly opaque in their direction, but that was the answer.

@Clifford McGlamry - Thank you so much for sharing the solution!

jeffrey heeman
Level 1
Level 1

thank you, was wondering the same.  Here's the output in case anyone hasn't run this and is a little apprehensive about it.

jeffreyheeman_0-1704897938794.png