cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER PSAP Call Back

Walter wigfield
Level 1
Level 1

I ran across an issue with CER and 911 call back. A user calls 911 and it routes correctly to the PSAP and if the call gets disconnected the PSAP calls back and it routes into CER but instead of ringing the phone that called 911 it routes to the alerting contact for the default elin. Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So, ELINs are defined with + or without + sign?

Where is this translation to prefix/strip + taking place? 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How long did the callback occur after the 911 call was made? CER will maintain the link to callback ELIN to phone for up to 2 or 3 hours after the call was made, otherwise it uses the onsite alert. If the call was made within this time then I would suggest looking at the CER logs (they are easy to follow) for clues, might be a CSS/Partition issue.

The logs really don't show anything to see why. I thought it was a CSS / Partition issue at first but the default alert is in the same PT as the number that called 911. The time was not issue. The caller hung up on 911 and 911 called back right away.

Did you check these:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/10_5_1/english/administration/guide/CER0_BK_C0C71A60_00_cisco-emergency-responder-administration-guide/CER0_BK_C0C71A60_00_cisco-emergency-responder-administration-guide_chapter_01100.html#CER0_TP_PDF1D3F0_00

CSS/PT would not be evident from CER logs (would need to look at CUCM SDL), but you should see some info about attempted call to the proper DN.

Also, how is the callback Translation Pattern defined in CUCM, is it transforming the number to 913XXXXXXXXXX, and then is CER configured to strip 913? How many digits are your ELINs?

I did check out that link the other day. I will check out the SDL. The translation pattern is 913XXXXXXXXXXX. I'm using a full E.164 dial plan, yes CER is stripping the 913. The elin is 11 digits and then in cucm, I have a translation that translates any number that is 11 digits to a + 11 digits. 

So, ELINs are defined with + or without + sign?

Where is this translation to prefix/strip + taking place? 

sorry clicked correct answer. the elins are 11 digits no plus. The translation to add is in CUCM. 

OK, so the config is as following:

1. XXXXXXXXXX TP in GW reachable partition, that prefixes 913, and has CSS that can reach 913XXXXXXXXXX CTI RP
  2. 913XXXXXXXXXX CTI RP registered with CER
  3. CER configured with stripping 913
  4. XXXXXXXXXX matching ELINs

Can you post the log from CER that captures this callback?