cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER Upgrade from 8.5 to 10.5 Where are the docs?

Pamela White
Level 1
Level 1

I've downloaded the OVA for 8.5 and 10.5 and the UCSInstall_CER_10.5 iso but I cannot find any documentation on performing the upgrade and migration to VM.  Help please?

I have downloaded ciscocm.cer_refresh_upgrade_v1.1.cop.sgn file.  The CER 10.5 Release Notes stated that "a Refresh Upgrade COP needs to be installed before upgrading and that is the only file I found.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/10_5_1/english/administration/guide/CER0_BK_C0C71A60_00_cisco-emergency-responder-administration-guide/CER0_BK_C0C71A60_00_cisco-emergency-responder-administration-guide_chapter_010.html#CER0_TP_EAFAE5C0_00

As for migration, it's just as any other product, DRS from MCS to UCS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks, I got the doc.

I see that it says that the hostname on the VM must remain the same as that on the MCS server.  That's NOT what I wanted to do.  There is a new naming convention for servers, especially VMs, and the server team is not going to like that.

It's either that, or build the new VM with the name they want, and reconfigure everything.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I just ran across a blurb and can't find it now about CER added support for host name change.