cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Changing IP on VG-310; Do I need to update CUCM?

STEVE GLICK
Level 1
Level 1

I need to change the IP on an MGCP VG 310 but can't find documentation that tells whether any changes need to happen on the Gateway section in UCM. Could someone point me to the documentation on this or let me know about any required changes in CUCM?

Thanks,

Steve 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If CUCM references the MGCP gateway by FQDN, then a change needs to happen in DNS. I can't think of any ip-specific fields in CUCM with regards to the MGCP gateways.

If the gateway is reference by CUCM by hostname alone, then no change is needed in CUCM.

However, in both cases: After the change is made in the VG, you will want to reset the MGCP gateway in CUCM and then bounce the MGCP protocol in the VG.

Maren

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

If CUCM references the MGCP gateway by FQDN, then a change needs to happen in DNS. I can't think of any ip-specific fields in CUCM with regards to the MGCP gateways.

If the gateway is reference by CUCM by hostname alone, then no change is needed in CUCM.

However, in both cases: After the change is made in the VG, you will want to reset the MGCP gateway in CUCM and then bounce the MGCP protocol in the VG.

Maren