Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Callmanager Multiple Profiles

Hi everybody,

can the Cisco callmanager support multiple profiles? One for each 'company' which I want to give my service to?

e.g.:

client A --> 20 internal users, phone numbers 0287563300 to 0287563329

client B --> 15 internal users, phone numbers 0745672300 to 0745672329

etc etc..

but all connecting to the same Cisco callmanager.

Or is it supposed to be one cisco callmanager (one installation) for each client?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

j.sillers
Level 5
Level 5

This is not a problem in callmanager, any version.  The biggest issue will be in the expert setting it up.  Almost anyone who has deployed this on even a moderate scale can get this working for you.  It all comes down to the partitioning, search spaces and dial-plan planning.

I would recommend that you deploy with a single Phone partition and use E.164 numbering for all the lines.  Then set up location based Partitions (PTs) that will allow for local site short dialing.  Basically a translation pattern that only each site can see (this is where the search spaces come in).

Phones = All_Phones_PT

Short Dialing translation = Site_Name_PT

Dial Patterns = PSTN_Access_PT

Site A Search Space sees "All_Phones_PT" + "Site_A_PT" + PSTN_Access_PT

Site B Search Space sees "All_Phones_PT" + "Site_B_PT"

Then she sites could share dial patterns so long as the routes all reference the use of "Local Route Groups" which will make the call go out the appropriate gateway according to the site's device pool (newest version of UCM only - older versions do not have Local Route Groups)

Vmail, when using Unity Connection, works in a similar way except each site may have it's own partition if you want to disallow the attendants from seaching all the users on the system.

Thanks for your answer!

Perhaps i didn't explain the problem very well but your answer seems to assume that I'm talking about one client with different sites. In that case what you're saying makes sense to me.

What I was talking about was the possibility to have many clients, all sharing the same installation of the Callmanager on a server, but using it each with a different profile associated to a group of numbers! Let me make it up for you:

Say i'm a big voice provider and i buy only one Cisco CallManager. After that i start selling my service of Cisco Callmanager to big clients like PANASONIC, SONY, HITACHI, etc., each of them with its network, its phone numbers etc.. But I want to use always the same piece of hardware with the same CCM installation, but with a profile for each customer --> different IP address pools, different numbers, different e.164...

Would I be able to do it?

Thanks!

Yes you can.  I know of several CLECs and Hosted IP companies that use UCM on the backend.  It's the same scenario that I described.  There are no "profiles" as I believe you want them to be.  It's still one big UCM cluster or even a few different clusters.  Realistically, your issue is more around management, provisioning and deployments.  In fact, we  and many other global telcos already sell this service with various back end PBXs including Cisco UCM.

In your situation you would want to verify your required sizing needs and for UCM the sizing is based on the hardware platform.  I would recomend that you look at the UCSS virtualization shoulders.