cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Communications Manager to Avaya IR

dwier
Level 4
Level 4

I am doing a project for a client where we must send calls from the Cisco UCM and UCCx to an Avaya IR for IVR functions then accept calls back.

From what I can gather, the IRS is running version 3.0 and is connected to the Avaya via 2 T1s.   We will be interfacing this with an ISR2951 and I have it configured for T1 CAS E&M.

The calls send out then the IRS drops the call imediatly.  The big issue is I am not sure what the IRS is actually looking for to answer the call.  It only has one IVR script on it anyway.

Anyone seen information on this type of setup or have any information that is relevant?

Thanks,

Daniel Wier

1 Reply 1

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Daniel,

Unless some has set this up before, it looks like a typical PBX interop.  The fact that the IRS is answering the call should be irrelevant to the setup between CUCM and the Avaya.  I would recommend getting CUCM trace files and work with TAC on resolving the issue.  Since calls are traversing the T1 and reaching the IRS, CUCM trace files will indicate who is tearing the call down (CUCM or the PBX).  Determining who is tearing down the call is the first step to making this work.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer