Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CUCM version 11 upgrade

amalmichaelvj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team,

One of my customer have Cisco 11.0.1.21900-11 CUCM Version. Customer is facing some difficulties in CUCM accessing the web page.

So we are planning to do a patch upgrade on CUCM. But i couldn't find any versions related to 11 in Cisco download page. Does version 11 is end of Life and support.

Can i upgrade to 11.5? if i migrate to 11.5 would it support all licenses. And do i need to increase any VM resourses or hardware.?

Please assist.

3 Replies 3

Version 11.0 is a EOL version. You could only find 11.5. You might need to contact TAC as this version is no longer supported.

Have you tried restarting the TOMCAT service? You should upgrade to 11.5, as the licenses are valid for 11.X versions. However, you will need to get in touch with Cisco Licensing TAC and rehost the license for it to work with 11.5

Response Signature

Hello Nithin,

Thank you for the detials.

Will try Tomcat services restart. 

Currently product don't have the service contract. So rehosting licenses would not be possible . Rehosting Licenses mandatory for version 11 to 11.5 ? any info regarding this?

We are planning to upgrade CUCM and hardware to Version 14.But until that point of time customer need to manage CUCM.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I suggest troubleshooting and fixing the issue before upgrading. Upgrading an unhealthy cluster is asking for trouble IMO. Also have a known good backup - which also means knowing the cluster security passphrase - and bootable ISOs of the exact build you’re running now in case the upgrade fails and you have to rebuild.

11.5 will use the exact same licenses as 11.0; however, it also reaches end of support in May. All of version 12.x will reach a premature End of Software Maintenance milestone in August 2024 due to the CentOS end of life. You should be upgrading to 14.x now or 15.x by spring once the first service update is available. Moving to 12+ will require new licenses however. If the customer has an active annuity subscription this should be a simple change/modify order processed by their partner of record.

The upgrade guide and release notes will cover required changes to the VM settings.