Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Expressway upgrade from 12.5.2 to 12.7

geeta.kumari1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Referring all the release note either of 12.6 or 12.7 or 14.X i see there is note available that downgrade to previous version is not supported, also in community forum for old post i can see on version 12.6 there was selectsw command available for switching to previous version but all the latest documents simply says downgrade is not supported.

We are planning to upgrade from 12.5.2 to 12.7.1, what is the standard rollback process accepted by Cisco for going back to previous version ? Rebuilding node is going to take time.

X12.7.1 will this be compatible with CUCM 11.5(1)SU5 ? Release notes says that all later version are backward compatible so i presume it should work well with CUCM 11.5(1) SU5 with existing configured functionality.

6 Replies 6

The command is still there, even if not mentioned in documentation. That said the supported method to roll back is to rebuild on the previous version and restore the backup taken prior to the upgrade. On a side note, why do you not plan to upgrade to X14? It has many fixes for security defects that you won't find in any X12 release.

Response Signature

Hello Roger,

Just out of curiosity, if we still choose to do rollback using selectsw command it will work ?

Current version 12.5.2 Expressway  is used as MRA, B2BUA , device registration and having connection to CUCM 11.5 and CMS. So we are worried if we go to major version upgrade 14.0.8 we may have to also get the CUCM , IM&P and CUC upgraded as currently there is no plan to do so due to endpoint dependencies.

AFAIK yes it should work, but it is not a supported option. Expressway firmware are backward compatible, so it should be no problem with using X14 with your version of the other systems.

Response Signature

You must move to 14.0.7 due to below mentioned critical vulnerability. Expressway is backward compatible so you can use 14.X.

if you have the backup install the same version and restore the backup and it wont take much time..

https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-expressway-overwrite-3buqW8LH

Response Signature

Hello Nithin,

Thanks for added information about vulnerability.

As per upgrade guide I see below point in FAQ - "If you have push notifications enabled for Mobile and Remote Access (MRA), you must ensure that you run at minimum Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)/ Instant Messaging and Presence (IMP) version 11.5.1.18900-97 or 12.5.1.13900-152 or 14.0.1.10000-20 or later before the upgrade of your Expressways.

All my current applications connected with expressway - CUCM, IM&P, CUC over MRA, VCS and CMS they will work with existing configuration with a option that if any new feature needed from expressway apart from existing configured one it may required the other application upgrade.

We have third party and EOS Tandberg and Cisco video endpoint registered over Control, will this devices registration will get failed after the upgrade to 14.0.8

For MRA I see we have additional step of adding the Control root and intermediate certificate to CUCM trust store.

Are you using Push notification for Jabber ?

I dont see any issues registering the EOS devices on Expressway... Refer the versions guide and you will have more information.

Response Signature