cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IP Communicator 8.6.6.0 and Windows 10 Pro - Errors

TopTierIT
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a client with approximately 100 machines. Not all of these machines are need the Cisco IP Communicator 8.6.6.0 on their computer. A large majority of the users are on Dell Optiplex 7040, i7, 16GB Ram, 4GB Dedicated Graphics Card, Windows 10 Pro.

Only a handful of these computers are exhibiting the following errors (I am running the install program on the local desktop and have full administrator rights (not the Administrator logged on)).

The first error I get after install is when I run the CIPC as administrator and it tries to load the Locale Files this is the error I get in this order:

The other error similar to the above one states that the directory cannot be created and is usually trying to go to C:\users\username\appdata\roaming\Cisco\Communicator\Auto Update comes back Access Denied. Like I mentioned before, I am running under a username with full administrative privileges.

Side note: I have tried to change permissions on the folder above (read only) but am not able to change and get an access denied as well.

Second issue is that if I don't get the error above, I get the Host not Found. TFTP servers are correct and the TFTPs can be pinged from local machine.

Resolutions tried so far:

• Removal via Control Panel
  • Removal via RevoUninstaller
  • Reinstalled after reboots
  • Rebooted after new install
  • System Restore to the date before the initial install
  • Removed from Domain and Rejoined
  • Logged in under local Admin account
  • Installed both from a network location and local desktop
  • Manually deleted registry files related to Cisco IP Communicator

One caveat I have experienced is when I run a fresh copy of the installer after uninstall (both .MSI and .EXE) the TFTP servers are already in there, even after all of the above.

Please help before I run my head through the washbasin wringer.

0 Replies 0