Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber without LDAP

thejas.ramadas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In our scenario we have CUCM 9 and CUPS 9. Both are integrated with each other .. neither CUCM or CUPS are not integrated with LDAP..

we have configure Cisco Jabber  and we are able to make and recieve calls from jabber client .. the issue we are facing is we are unable to get the contacts from the callmanager...

Please help me to resolve this issue ..

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Currently you MUST have a directory to integrate Jabber for contact resolution, the UDS service now is only to be used with Collaboration Edge, within the enterprise network, LDAP is required.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime- Can you cite documentation for this? I'm not aware of UDS being explicitly restricted to edge, esspecially since support for it pre-dates Collab Edge in several of the Jabber clients.

As far as I am aware the only client requireing LDAP is windows client version 9.6 and maybe couple previous releases, however Cisco is bringing back UDS support in next releases of windows client, all other clients support UDS.

HTH,

Chris

That's what has been discussed in several CE trainings I've seen, and also within the internal notes from this bugs

J4W

CSCui91704

Remove all references of UDS from the admin guide and release notes

Jabber for Mac

CSCui91715

Remove all references of UDS from the admin guide and release notes

They might change their mind if they fix the problem from those bugs, but that's the latest I know.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java