cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Presence 8.6.3.10000-20 upgrade to 10.x

williamsutton
Level 1
Level 1

I have upgraded my Call Managers to System version: 10.5.2.12901-1 and have been trying to upgrade my

Presence server to 10.5.2.22900.

The upgrade seem to  be working, it state the upgrade is complete and will reboot.

But after it reboots the new version doesn't show  it loaded.

When the command line finally comes up and i do a show version active it shows the old version.

Then i do a show version inactive and is shows No inactive side available

I have tried the upgrade several times

Thanks for any help

4 Replies 4

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

Cisco Instant Messaging and Presence (new name for Cisco Presence) behaves like a subscriber to Cisco Unified Communications Manager. The version 10.5 presence servers need to be entered as subscribers in version 10.5 UCM publisher before they can be operational.

What is the exact way of doing this on the Call Manager and does this need to be done before the upgrade?

Thanks

Thinking about this a little more, if they presence servers are not currently subscribed to CUCM publisher, they will not be able to as part of an upgrade. I'm pretty sure they can only be added to cluster when installing new.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Same process applies:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/video/12724161/how-upgrade-cucmcups-86-cucmimp-110

And what Brad says is not applicable for this scenario, you only do that, when you are adding NEW IM&P nodes on a 10.x+ CUCM, that's not applicable for upgrades.

For the upgrade, assuming the CUCM-CUPS AXL integration was correct on 8.6, the upgrade procedure will automatically turn the CUPS servers it had, to IM&P subscribers. You actually should be able to see them in your CUCM right now.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate