Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Collaboration Assurance 11.5 alarm engine

robert.vigarv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I got a question from a customer about how alarms are identified and handled.

Quote from the customer:

Provide description of issue – Is there alarm generated in alarm browser whenever CPC detects a poor or Acceptable call quality .

I have been searching for a document on how the alarms/events is handled and processed, and here I need help to find.  

1 Reply 1

Philippe Beaupied
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi. Poor call quality issues are handled in 2 ways: location level and device pool level. Call quality is graded as poor, average or good using the Conceal Seconds measurements reported in CMRs and based on thresholds that are configured by default (Alarm and Report Administration > CDR Analysis Settings). At the location level, poor call quality is reported in Network Health Overview > Call Quality > Top 5 Poor Voice Call Quality Locations. The dashlet will show data for any location where the number of poor calls exceeds 0.5% of the total number of calls. Click any bubble on the graph to get to either CMR details or to a detailed analysis of poor call events for the past 24h. At the device pool level, poor call quality is reported in Network Health Overview > Opsview > Cluster Health Summary > Cluster Detail > Endpoint By Device Pool. Number of endpoints impacted and number of poor call quality events are reported for each device pool under SQ Issues. Whenever the number of impacted endpoints exceeds the default threshold of 10% of the total number of endpoints for that device pool, a red flag is displayed and a ServiceQualityThresholdCrossed alarm is raised for the impacted CUCM cluster, referring to the impacted device pool. The threshold can be set to a different value at the device pool level using Alarm and Report Administration > Event Customization > Correlation Rules > ServiceQualityThresholdCrossed. /Phil