cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection - networked clusters support

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If your organization has more users than a single Cisco Unity Connection server or cluster pair can support, or the voicemail concurrency (ports) are higher than a single 20K OVA can provice (500 ports in an ACT/ACT cluster), then you can join more Connection servers or clusters (up to a maximum of ten) to form a well-connected network, referred to as a Connection site.

The servers that are joined to the site are referred to as locations. (When a Connection cluster is configured, the cluster counts as one location in the site.) Each location is said to be linked to every other location in the site via an intrasite link.

My question is does Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning 9.0 handle this?   Has it been tested?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/design/guide/8xcucdg030.html

Thanks.  I plan on selling both to a client and want to be sure.

1 Reply 1

prchandr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Am checking right now. I am pretty sure we havent tested this . we have only tested Unity connection

and only the primary UC needs to be added to prov when there is an active active UC setup.

For the above scenario i havent seen that before so let me follow up

thx
PRem