Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS "could not create ssl/tls channel"

I am having an issue with the COBRAS export tool for Unity Connection. I was able to get it to export last month, but now it fails with the error in the attached picture. The source system is 8.5, so it is using older encryption methods. Current version of IE refuse to connect to the admin pages, but I can get Firefox to do it. I suspect that a fairly recent windows update has blocked the functions in DotNet that COBRAS uses to make the connections, but I am getting blown off by TAC. I have a windows XP VM that is able to connect, but I am not sure where to go with this as I am not really a desktop person. It seems like COBRAS export won't be much help to migrate off old systems it it can't make a connection to export the data. Any ideas on tweaks I can make in windows or even on the server so the encryption methods are more current?

3 Replies 3

nathanjgrace
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Elliot, in SMTP server please try the following settings:

Allow connections from untrusted IP addresses: checked

Require authentication from untrusted IP addresses: unchecked

TLS from untrusted IP addresses: disabled

-Nathan

I already did that, but that setting is applicable to importing. I am having trouble with export.

FYI, this was resolved by an update to COBRAS export to 8.0.0.73. There was an MS hotfix that broke the ability to talk to servers using older encryption methods. The developer made some changes, and now it works again.