cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUAC Upgrade questions - Am I doing this right?

rworrell987
Level 1
Level 1

I guess right isn't the proper way to say it, but is this possible what I'm trying...

Situation - will be upgrading our CUCM to 10.5 soon, we need to get the ball rolling installing a CUAC server to go first though since right now CUCM is on VMs and CUAC server is a physical box. We have set up a new VM and put a newer version of CUAC on it, is it possible to migrate the DB from the physical box now to the new VM?

We're having to do this silly 2 step process for upgrade because we're on version 8.6.1.9 and it can't directly upgrade to 10.5 so we put 9.1 onto a VM and need to attempt to import the DB from the physical box to the VM (we plan to make a backup of the DB, and then import it). So, does any of that make sense? Is it possible? I am prepared to get the license rehost etc but I want to know I'm secure in doing this upgrade path. I will install the 10.5 upgrade on the 9.1 very quickly after we import the DB so that we can upgrade and rehost just the once.

So, just looking for some feedback on whether this upgrade plan is plausible or if someone who's familiar with this stuff sees some potential hurdles or anything that outright won't work. Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Take a look at this: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/cuaca/10_0_1/install_admin/CUACA1001GUIDE.pdf

According to the docs, if you do a backup/restore, you need the new box to have the same hostname. Once that's done there's another process for hostname change if you need to do it.

I would go a step further and perform an upgrade of your CUCM in a test VM environment, separated physically or logically so that you can test the upgraded CUAC against it. 

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!