cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE to send notification or alerts when certain numbers are dialed

lb772k
Level 1
Level 1

Is possible for the Cisco CUBE to send some kind of notification or alert whenever it receives a call from PSTN for certain numbers?
ex. external caller dialed 555-222-1111 from PSTN-> CUBE->CUCM

Thanks

4 Replies 4

To my knowledge, no. You may be able to write some kind of custom API for this, but it would likely monitor CUBE from outside like any other monitoring tool. There are a LOT of monitoring tools out there, though, that can do exactly what you are asking.

I can think of a couple of ways to jury rig alerts, but none of them are pretty. Your best bet is to get a monitoring application.

Maren

What is it you are trying to accomplish? Depending on the functional goal, there might be other ways to achieve your desired end result.

Hi Elliot,

The CUBE/UCCE will be used as a secondary system where it would only get the calls if the primary phone system is down. Failover is done through PSTN. Notification is needed  to alert the team that will have to pick up the calls on the secondary system.

Thanks.

That helps me understand it some more. Would you please describe the call flow in more detail for a normal situation, and the failover situation? Are the secondary group of people contact center agents of any sort? How are you distributing the calls to them, and are they all in the same location?