cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCILYNC - Device Error. Service internal Error.[101]

Thomas Csanadi
Level 1
Level 1

We are using CUCM 7.1.2  and Lync 2010,  We keep getting this error in the Server Health screen        Device Error. Service internal Error.[101] ,    when I click on Desk Phone control,  it will log this error.  I have only seen the desk phone control work once and that was while I had a webex session with a Cisco Tech,  any ideas what is casuing this error.

11 Replies 11

ddreisbach
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get a resolution on this?  I am getting the same error and would love to know what the fix is.  Thanks.

I had similar problem getting this error message "Device Error. Service Internal Error.[101]" after a fresh CUCILYNC installation. We are running CUCM 8.5 (recently upgraded from 7.1.5) and Lync 2010.

I fixed that just re-selecting the phone and DN line from Cisco UC Options.

1. Change your options (Cisco UC Options)

2. Calls

3. Phone to use with Cisco UC => you will notice there is a Phone but your Phone Number will be empty or blank

3.1 Change

3.2 Select your Phone and DN => OK => OK

You might have already figured this out. I'm just adding my comments to help future users or admins with the same issue.

This also fixed my issue temporarily..

Does anyone know of a permanent fix? When changing back and forth between softphone/hardphone, I'm having to manually change this everytime, this isn't an acceptable "Work Around" for my customer.

Thanks!

Just out of interest, did anyone find a fix for this? I'm seeing a similar issue CUILYNC 8.6 and CUCM 9.12, the phones that are having the problem are 7962. 

acgarcia
Level 4
Level 4

I'm having the same issue.  What's up with this.  We are suppose to do a demo for a big customer and now this!  Please someone at Cisco respond.

greglowe1329
Level 1
Level 1

I'm also having this issue...

Same here.  At first I thought it was the client getting confused that I had multiple IP phones tied to my user account.  But even with a single IP phone, it's not possible to switch back and forth between teh CSF device and the IP phone without these extra steps.

Ironically, it works perfectly fine in the Jabber for Windows client, hitting the same user account and CUCM instance.  So either Jabber and CUCILync don't share code, or CUCILync is a bit behind the curve on updates (likely).

Hey Paul,

Which version of cucilync you are using ?

There is a defect you might be hitting

CSCua42455

There is an ES for cucilync 8.6.2 you can try which will most likely solve your issue if you are hitting the above defect. You can open a TAC case to get it.

Thx,
Christos

Could you post details on that CSC?  It looks like I can't view the detail of it, and I'd like a little more ammo before blindly requesting stuff from TAC.

I will see to it that it will become visible but since that happens here is a short description

Symptom:

Unable to control desk phone via CuciLync to make calls.

Conditions:

CuciLync controlling desk phone which has multiple DN and one of the DN doesn't have "Allow control of device via CTI" checked

Workaround:

Check the Box "Allow Control of Device via CTI" under CCM Admin -> Phone -> Device -> Search for Controlled Device -> Click on the DN on the Left Hand Side and then check the Box.

Save the changes and then Apply Config and Reset.

Now restart CuciLync and we can successfully control the correct DN to place the call

**************************************************************************************

If you don't want to open a case just yet you can try with 8.6(1) and see if you still hit the issue. You should not.

You can also check the logs (after setting them to detailed) and look for this exception

[SOAPCallback - CUCIMOC-1] [DeviceService] [DeviceCallback.onError(242)] - OnError sent to the client.

17652 : com.cisco.uc.core.common.exceptions.ServiceInternalErrorCoreException: Failed to process inService.

That might also be a good indication that you hit this defect

HTH,

Christos

I am using Lync 2010 with CUCILYNC 8.6(2.20758) CSF Version 8.5.(6)

I am having the same issue on a 7962G phone with one line and I do have "Allow Control of a Device from CTI" enabled.

I am using Extension Mobility and I do have the Device profile associated with the the same line where

"Allow Control of a Device from CTI" is enabled.

Every time when I login into CUCILYNC I have to manually go on CUCILYNC and select the phone even though there is a single option there under the phone selection and line.

After I select the phone I get the following error message under the Notifications but the phone control is working:

"Failed to disable phone selection events.A runtime error has occurred.[20]

Laurean