Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCILync long term plans?

kkhanis
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Would anyone know what Ciscos long term plans for CUCILync? Is this planned to be supported going forward e.g with Office 365 etc?

Thanks,

Kamran

22 Replies 22

Thanks Srini,

See your point, but can you confirm what I am reading as well,  it appears as though with this you can provide CME call control capabilities to MOC, correct, or point me in the right direction?

Brian

Yes see that link I put in my post, have you seen this guide? I haven’t seen one for Lync.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express 8.0

• Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Enterprise Edition to Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express / Remote Call Control<http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns414/ns728/ns829/799011.pdf>

Thanks

Srini

Thanks Srini, I have tried to access that already, but it is a dead link….

Brian Pagluiso

Sr. Solutions Architect

**edited by moderator to remove private contact information

Message was edited by: Kelli Glass, Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

Yep I see that now hopefully someone from Cisco fixes that link soon but honestly all the emphasis is on Jabber and with CUCI Lync with BE6K. CCME roadmap will always follow those call control products. As an example JBW support for CCME is coming in 10.0 so maybe after that will be CUCI Lync possibly

Thanks

Srini

Thanks Srini, but do you agree that per the CME doc, that the CTI CSTA protocol, it provides call control with MOC?

Brian Pagluiso

Sr. Solutions Architect

Message was edited by: Kelli Glass, Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community, to remove personal contact information

By call control essentially moc or lync will not get UC services from CME

Rather you will use it to control your Cisco desk phone to make a call

The audio termination is happening on the phone side

CUCI lync on the other hand provides UC services directly from Cisco making the client essentially a soft phone on Cisco

That is supported with BE6 k and other server based platforms

Thanks

Srini

Thank you Srini, hopefully Cisco will update their documentation, it states otherwise on their website, and that one would get call control on the Lync client….

Brian Pagluiso

Sr. Solutions Architect

Message was edited by: Kelli Glass, Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community, removed private contact information

Heather

Will the CUCI LYNC client support 7800 series phones right from the get go for desk phone control or will there be a patch or version upgrade needed? I have a customer who may swap out 6945 for these new models and was wondering has Cisco tested CUCI LYNC with these models?

Srini