Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5.2 BLF Speed Dial does not show DND status

jeliasoncisco
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

We are having trouble with CUCM 10.5.2 BLF Speed Dials not showing the DND status for the primary line on remote phones. We have tested with 7945, 7841, and 8851 and when DND is activated the line key does not light up red. We have enabled the BLF shows DND status command.

Does anyone have insight on how to show this information on the the BLF Speed Dial key? Is this a bug or feature issue. The programming seems to be there.

Thank you kindly

Jordan

7 Replies 7

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Verify that the 'SUBSCRIBE CSS' property on  the phone that has the BLF keys is set to a CSS that includes the partitions of all the lines it should monitor.

If this is an EM handset, ensure the 'End User' that has logged in has the same property configured.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hello

I appreciate your reply. The phones are all in the same device CSS as well as the same SUBSCRIBE CSS. They are all using the default presence group. There is no EM configuration on the system.

Thanks kindly.

Hi there,

Have you managed to resolve this? I am experiencing the same issue with the 7945 and DND BLF is not showing up, it is also affecting the attendant console status, I am going to try and upgrade the firmware from SCCP45.9-4-2-1S to SCCP45.9-4-2SR1-1S to see if that resolves it.

CUCM version is 10.5.2 I have compared configuration to that of a 7940 which works and is exactly the same, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Have you changed the service parameter for this?

Setting the Do Not Disturb Service Parameters

Cisco Unified Communications Manager provides one systemwide service parameter for Do Not Disturb: BLF Status Depicts DND. This parameter determines whether DND status is considered in the Busy Lamp Field (BLF) status calculation, and you can set the parameter to True or False.

When you specify True for BLF Status Depicts DND and DND is activated on the device, the BLF status indicator for the device or line appearance reflects the DND state.

When you specify False for BLF Status Depicts DND and DND is activated on the device, the BLF status indicator for the device or line appearance reflects the actual device state.

When BLF Status Depicts DND is enabled or disabled for the cluster, the cluster setting applies to all phones in the cluster that support DND.

Note To set this service parameter, navigate to System > Service Parameters and choose the Cisco CallManager service for the server that you want to configure. Specify the desired state for BLF Status Depicts DND in the Clusterwide Parameters (System - Presence) pane. 

Sincerely

Roger

Response Signature

Hi there,

Yes this was already enabled. After some investigation I found that its not the phone, this certain user had a TCT client set up on cucm with her DN associated to it, if she goes to DND on the phone her DND presence does not change, so you have to enable on the TCT Client which is very strange, I have disassociated her DN from the TCT client for now till I can figure out why it does that, she has a CSF client as well but this does not affect her DND status

Thanks

Jarryd

techslusk
Level 1
Level 1

I just got off a 3 month TAC case to get them to create a BUG ID and add this to documentation. Caveat about TCT/BOT devices and DND presence status from desk phones using shared line.

Note - if you never call TAC about an issue, it didnt happen.

BUG - CSCwf06187

Link to updated Document -  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/14SU2/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-for-cisco14su2/cucm_mp_d811ea0d_00_do-not-disturb-12-0.html

Snag_1f260cc0.png

That bug ID is likely internal. Would you mind to share a little more specifics of what you had worked on getting added to the document? I see you have added a picture, but at least for me it's impossible to see what it says. To me it looks like it could be this part, but very hard to make out by your picture.

image.png

Response Signature