cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 Corporate directory dialing

Brandon Pierce
Level 4
Level 4

I got a unique issue that I don't fully know when it started to happen.  Basically, a customer was upgraded from CUCM 9 to 10.5.  As of last week, they informed me that their corporate directory works but they can't dial anyone on the list.  I took a look and the users on there don't list phone numbers like they should.  I then checked the end users synced from LDAP and they do indeed have a telephone number populated.  So for some reason, the directory in CUCM isn't pushing their number correctly.  Has anyone experienced this?  Any thoughts?

Infrastructure:

• CUCM 10.5
  • Microsoft LDAP

Summary:

1. Users are in CUCM synced
  2. Users have telephone numbers associated to their account with LDAP sync
  3. Corporate Directory lists them but does not let anyone dial them since no number shows up
  4. No other issues, phone system works as intended and all calls function
5 Replies 5

Murali_DS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There,

Can you clarify if there is any exception while they dial out or are they not able to place a call when they hit the dial button, also pls chk if the DN's mapped to the users are right? that would be the issue.

Everything is correct.  Dialing as I said is normal.  The same user can dial the targeted number associated to that user with no issues manually.  LDAP is synced but for some reason the numbers are not listing in the corporate directory.  This system has been in place for 3 years with no issues, other than the upgrade from 9 to 10, nothing has changed.   It isn't a call routing issue for sure.  I'm checking with the customer now to see if it is all phones or just the ones that he happened to try as this seems strange that my CIPC has no issues yet his phone does.

I did a test now , importing the user to CUCM. Now the dialing is working correct. The next work is that in my AD (Win2k3 AD) the attribute Telephone number is missing , and i will check that.

tecvictor
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having this same issue.

ahochau_2
Level 1
Level 1

Having similar fits.

When using the corporate directory from a 8851 or 61, the phone is trying to dial the number as a SIP URI.  So <PhoneNumber>@sever rather than just dialing the number.  I can call the same user from the directory on an 8831.  Not sure why the 8851 and 61 would try to do this, maybe there is something in the device settings....