cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 9 DRF Scheduled backups error out.

techslusk
Level 1
Level 1

Manual backups work but Scheduled backups do not.  Error below with Version of CUCM.  Errors are normally the not enough disk space or network .  I have 140GB available and manual backups works fine.

Errors: 

Unable to transfer the tar file over SFTP channel as currently configured SF AppID : Cisco DRF Master ClusterID :

SFTP transfer failed during Backup. Either there is not enough disk space or netwo AppID : Cisco DRF Master ClusterID :

CUCM version - 9.1.2.11900-12

Backup device - Solar Winds SFTP Server

5 Replies 5

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

I think you are hitting this..

CUCM DRS backup fails with windows 7 and 2008
CSCul38509

Description
Symptom:
CUCM 8.6.2 or 9.1(2) and later DRS backup may fail due to interoperability issues with Windows 7 or Windows 2008 based SFTP servers or any SFTP server which uses SMB2 to access disk storage.

Conditions:
This has been observed under Windows 7 and Windows 2008.

To check if you are affected please conduct the following steps during file upload to your Windows-based SFTP server:
a) open CMD and change your current folder to SFTP root directory
b) issue dir command to check what is the size of the file being uploaded
c) you are affected if the file size is 0, it is not increasing, and it gets updated as soon as you issue dir /R command

Workaround:
1. Use linux-based SFTP server
or
2. From SFTP server do not mount storage via SMB2

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

I don't think it is that bug.  The SFTP server is Win Server 2012 and using a local disk and not a network share/drive.  

Can you Use linux-based SFTP server and see if that works.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

I have not set up a linux to see if that works but I have deleted the schedule and recreated it. It was successful so I edited the time to backup to mirror the old schedule. Hope this fixes the issue.

No other UC app has this issue.  Just CUCM.

Also try restarting the CUCM DRF Master/Local services

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!