Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and CUP 11.5 Cisco sync agent failed

Hi , 

Cisco engineer provided me version UCSInstall_UCOS_11.5.1.13056-1.sgn  for CUCM and UCSInstall_CUP_11.5.1.13900-57.sgn for CUP. After installing them cisco sync agent is not running. run sql select * from epassyncagentcfg   show AXL failure, all services on CUP are started except Sync agent and Cisco XCP Directory Service[STOPPED] Component is not running
Cisco XCP Message Archiver[STOPPED].

With cisco tac engineer tried to change app admin password with no special chars - no results, cisco tac said need to re-build server - i did rebuild CUP from scratch -still sync agent cant run and axl failure. 

Now I had another tac engineer from installation team and he said my versions of CUCM and CUP are not compatible, and referred to this "

Release 11.5(1)SU3

For Release 11.5(1)SU3, both Cisco Unified Communications Manager and IM and Presence Service must be running official 11.5(1)SU3 versions. Running an 11.5(1)SU3 version of Cisco Unified Communications Manager with an earlier version of IM and Presence Service is not supported. Similarly, running an 11.5(1)SU3 version of IM and Presence Service with an earlier version of Cisco Unified Communications Manager is not supported.

The following software versions are supported with Release 11.5(1)SU3:

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager 11.5.1.13900-52
  • IM and Presence Service 11.5.1.13900-57" 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/11_5_1/cucm_b_installation-guide-cucm-imp-1151/cucm_b_installation-guide-cucm-imp-1151_chapter_010.html.

Is it true that this incompability may cause my problem ? 

Can anyone help how to resolve this issue ?  

thank you 

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No idea why TAC would provided you that version, that seems to be an ES.

I suggest you try with the SU3 releases on both servers and see how that goes.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

ok, I will try to upgrade to SU version. I want to roll back to 10.5  version first because I saw somewhere that ES version may have undocumented bugs . But then I see SU version must be requested via PUT ... so complicated .  

Jaime ,

When I upgrade CUCM and then switch version I put previous version to inactive partition. Does this mean I don't actually upgrade old version of software  but this is totally new installation with adapting old database to new soft? 

I am just trying to understand what is inside and how it works :) 

If I am right then I don't need to roll back to 10.5 from my 11.5 ES version but just upgrade that 11.5 ES to SU3 version .  Correct ? 

Yes, it has been this way for many years, your current version runs in the active partition, the upgrade takes place in the inactive partition, and moves the data during the upgrade process. Then you switch the partitions, inactive becomes active, and active becomes inactive and it repeats for every upgrade.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate