cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM be located over WAN for Single-Server Non-High Availability deployment of UCCX

muhammadad1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

Can CUCM be located over WAN for Single-Server Non-High Availability deployment of UCCX.

Site A have UCCX+CUCM and Site B only have UCCX. Can Site B UCCX can configured with CUCM over WAN.

If so please can you let me know latency between CUCM n UCCX

Regards,

Muhammad Adnan Ahmad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, you can definitely use CM over WAN with UCCX however that is not considered a good design and you can experience lot of issues with that. Significant delays in agent login will occur if AXL and JTAPI communications are over WAN, especially under load conditions. There is not a specific latency value mentioned in the Design Guide between UCCX and CM but I would take it as 80 ms since that is the maximum RTT allowed between CCX Servers in a WAN deployment.

Refer below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/design/guide/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express_chapter_010.html

Regards

Deepak

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well, you can definitely use CM over WAN with UCCX however that is not considered a good design and you can experience lot of issues with that. Significant delays in agent login will occur if AXL and JTAPI communications are over WAN, especially under load conditions. There is not a specific latency value mentioned in the Design Guide between UCCX and CM but I would take it as 80 ms since that is the maximum RTT allowed between CCX Servers in a WAN deployment.

Refer below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_10_6/design/guide/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express/UCCX_BK_CBB99111_00_cisco-unified-contact-center-express_chapter_010.html

Regards

Deepak

Regards

Deepak

muhammadad1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Deepak.