Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Integration with Office 365

Ajay Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are looking for a solution where we can integrate Cisco CUCM 8.6 with Office 365 in a hosted environment.

There are plenty of options available for CUCM and MS Lync integration (direct sip trunk, mediation server, CUCiLYNC) but i believe this is applicable when Lync is in Managed premises rather than hosted services.

In my Scenarion, customer wants an On premise CUCM integration with Hosted Office 365.

is there any document available which given provides the details of the integration along with planning and limitation/restrictions. we had been trying to connect with some partners for help but no success.

regards,

Ajay

31 Replies 31

JEFF CALVIRD
Level 1
Level 1

I was just posed a similar consideration of moving our on-prem exchange to O365 however we are just looking at Exchange we don't integrate directly between UCM 10.5 and Exchange and are doing SMTP for Single Inbox from our UCON 10.5 to Exchange 2013. I don't know that this is the same situation since we are going to stay with Jabber for IMP so no SBC or gateway for CTI that I can see needed but am concerned about MWI and delay of forwarded voicemails. Here's a link I found that speaks to this process,

Unity Connection Office 365 Configuration Example - Cisco

can anyone point out something I may be overlooking here since this doc is from 2015 and we are planning our upgrade to 11 or 12 so wanted to be sure i'm on point.

Thanks

Take a look here O365 section

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/11x/unified_messaging/b_11xcucumgx/b_11xcucumgx_chapter_01.html#ID-2370-000005f5

Thanks

Srini