cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM, PCoIP Zero Client and Telisca SSO possible?

paul-cooper
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have zero experience of Cisco UC but I do realise it is a complex but very flexible ecosystem in its own right.

I have a client who currently has a setup where a laptop running Telisca SSO is connected to a phone which in turn is connected to the edge network (see attached pic).

When the user logs on to the laptop, the laptop sees the CDP info from the phone and passes this to the Call Manager.

Here's an extract from the TSSO overview manual:

To detect automatically the IP Phone on which the PC is connected, TSSO relies on the ā€˜pcapā€™ library (to access to network layer) and retrieves the name of the IP Phone to which the PC is connected.

My customer is looking to replace the laptop with a PCoIP zero client, which doesn't support CDP but can use LLDP to talk,  connecting to a remote workstation.

In this scenario, when the user logs onto a PCoIP zero client and connects to a remote workstation, can CUCM be used to SSO the user onto the adjacent phone through which it is connected? I was wondering if there is a mechanism to either use a mapping table to associate the MAC address of the phone with the MAC address of the adjacent zero client, or maybe using the edge switchport to map the zero client and the phone together since they are both chained to the same port.

Any help would be appreciated; I have searched the forums but not found anything like this.

0 Replies 0