cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 8.x - Call Options Grey Out

dmckelvey
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CUCM 8.x & CUPS 8.x install.  I am having an issue with CUPS 8.0.171.15962 client.  All the Call Options are greyed out.   I am getting a error in the Server Status of:   "Device Error.  Please review the Server Health under the Help meni for a possible casues [101] " But there are no specifics.

In CUCM the CFSXXXX device is not registered.  

5 Replies 5

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Also make sure if the user is using softphone or deskphone. It seems like CUPC is using deskphone which - if it is - may be caused by CTI. if the cucm is ldap authenticated try using 3268 port (CUCM > LDAP > LDAP Authentication). You can also try restarting CTIManager on all call manager

The suggestions above is based on the fact that user is configured properly (standard cti enabled permission under user, user have proper device assocation etc. and in cups if cti gateway server and cti gateway profile is configured

Thanks

I checked all my setting again.  I have enclosed two screen shots.  Are you suggesting that I change the port for the LDAP intergration on both CUCM and CUPS?  I did it on the CUCM server and did a re-synch.

I also noticed the Cisco Unified Client Services Framework Device is now registered in CUCM.

From the screen shots, you can see that everything looks good, no errors.  Thanks!

Hi,

Deskphone control seems to be connected. Please note only one option will be available at a time. For example, if CUPC is in deskphone control mode softphone (CSF device) would be unregistered. If you are in softphone mode (uncheck the box on CUPC for "not" to use deskphone control) CSF device will be registered. The "call" option will be available when a contact is selected. Please try right clicking a contact and they try call. Or try clicking on the keypad and dial a number. My suggestion was based on the 101 error for which one of the solution is to change the LDAP authentication port to 3268 on call manager (then again the error may arise from other reasons). But QBE seems to be connected. If CSF device is registered CUPC should be able to call (meaning CUPC is in softphone mode).

Hope the above helps!

amitkumarp
Level 4
Level 4

Hi dmckelvey,

I am facing the same like yours and using the same version of CUPC. Initially it was working fine and suddenly now it has started giving the error you were facing. Please let me know how did you solve the issue???

Thanks a bunch..

Regards,

Amit.

Do you have HA configured for Presence?? If so, make sure you user is not associated to the fail over subscriber.