Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices not getting discovered

Chris Nasta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed Prime Collaboration and Assurance v11 on a trial basis. I have successfully discovered all servers in our 9.12 CUCM cluster. CSF and phone devices are only being discovered on one of my 5 subcribers. Any suggestions as to what i may be missing? I have tried to rediscover the servers but nothing has improved.

Thanks!

Chris

Thanks

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris,

Just checking if the following limit specified for the trial version is being exceeded:

This .OVA will allocate VM resources for a small assurance / analytics / CCA deployment which supports up to 1,000 phones and video endpoints for 60 days.

Manish

Hi Manish,

Is this limit set for all deployments? I installed the .OVA for medium deployments. I dont think the version I installed has a limit. It was not really listed as a trial version but I know I have sixty days to evaluate.

I have 1650 devices discovered but I am missing many more.

Thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,

In that case i would be looking to make sure that the following conditions are met for some of the below mentioned endpoints to be discovered

Cisco IP phones (89xx, 99xx) - - - - - -
  • The Cisco IP Phones endpoints are discovered through Cisco Unified CM. You must enable web access in Cisco Unified CM for these.
  • These video phones require Cisco Unified CM application user to have the additional role Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf.
  • Credentials are not required for HTTP access.
  • End-to-end troubleshooting is not supported. However, the path trace can be discovered from the first-hop-router (FHR) if router CLI access is provided for Cisco Prime Collaboration.
Cisco DX70 and DX80 (supported by Prime Collaboration Assurance 10.5.1 and later versions) - - - - - -
  • The Cisco Phone endpoints are discovered through Cisco Unified CM. You must enable web access in Cisco Unified CM for these.
  • These phones require Cisco Unified CM application user to have the additional role Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf.
  • Credentials are not required for HTTP access.
  • End-to-end troubleshooting is not supported. However, the path trace can be discovered from the first-hop-router (FHR) if router CLI access is provided for Cisco Prime Collaboration.

More info in the following link for other endpoints

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Setting_up_Devices_for_Prime_Collaboration_Assurance

If  all of this is in place then most likely you will need to involve TAC to investigate further.

Manish

Thanks Manish but I think this is a issue for TAC. Not sure if they support trials though

Chris,

As a quick check I wanted to ask about the following :-) :

1) Are you making use of a Credential Profile for your auto-Discoveries?

2) When you run the Auto-Discovery does PCA appear to be "aware" of all 5 subs?

3) Do the missing devices seem to change each time you run an Auto-Discovery or Update Inventory?

cuevas
Level 5
Level 5

Had this same exact problem.   I got it working by making sure that during the discovery i'm ONLY pointing to the Publisher, but under the Credential Profile you have all your CUCMs listed.  

Also...

1) remove all the devices and CUCMs.   

2) Restart all services via ssh or restart the VM

3) Perform the Discovery process again.  

4) wait til discovery finishes.   you should now see all your devices.    

I did this and now i'm able to see 2500+ devices registered to all 4 of my CUCMs. 

~Tony

Hi All,

I have the same issue. No Sub or phone is discovered - only the Publ of a CUCM Cluster.

In the logfiles it gets the names and IPs of all the Subs and other Servers. But in the Network Health Overview I can see in the Performance tab all Servers ...

Version: 11.6.0.72831

Should I apply this patch?

cpc-AAN-VMWareToolsUpgrade-patch-11.6.75196-1.x86_64.tar.gz

Edit: Tried to apply patch and got the answer:

% Patch cannot be applied to the installed application version.

... and PCA is still not discovering the devices. :(

Thanks!

KR

M

I also have problem related to this PCA

PCA is not pulling the CDR data from CUCM that's why I am unable to send the Indivitual Phone data to customer mail.

If anyone faced this problem,  can you please share the solution.