Views
Helpful
Replies

Doubt about SRST - Fallback Mode

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

I have the follow doubt: My Customer have the Main site and 06 branchs sites. Today one site lost connection with Main site and the IP Phones consequently stay in Fallback mode. The IP Phone this sites not had able to call IP Phone of anothers sites. I review the configuration gateway and CUCM and not found error. My question is: this behavior is normal, that is, in this condition the IP Phone this site only be able to communicate with IP Phone of owner site?

Thanks,

Wilson

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Seems normal. You can only call internally in the office that is disconnected from the CUCM.

You can can suggest him to install a CUCM Subscriber in another site, so avoid cases like this - unless the whole WAN connection of this specific site is down.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Did your phones register to the SRST GW but did not fallback/re-register to CUCM once WAN connectivity is restored ?

Hi Nipun,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. The problem that is occurring and that when IP Phone stay in Fall Back Mode it didn´t call the IP Phones of another sites. When connection is restored the IP Phones came back register in CUCM normally.

Thanks,

Wilson

Slavik Bialik
Level 7
Level 7

Seems normal. You can only call internally in the office that is disconnected from the CUCM.

You can can suggest him to install a CUCM Subscriber in another site, so avoid cases like this - unless the whole WAN connection of this specific site is down.

Hi Slavik,

Thanks a lot for Your contact. Do You clarify my doubt.

Regards,

Wilson